Who we are
8’’s Boutique is a "Data Controller" which is a legal term which means we make decisions regarding how and why we collect and use your personal data. As the "Data Controller" we are responsible for ensuring that your Personal Information is only used for the purposes on which it was originally collected and in compliance with all applicable data
protection laws. We are also responsible to ensure that any third party that we authorize to process the data on our behalf, known as "Data Processors," also follow these standards and use the data only for these same reasons.
This Policy should be read in conjunction with all the 8’’s Boutique’s Website terms and conditions.
Purpose of this policy
This Policy covers 8’’s Boutique and its affiliated Partners. It explains the Legal Basis that 8’’s Boutique has in processing your personal data, how and what data we collect about you and what we do with that data. This policy will also inform you of your data privacy rights, and how you can exercise those rights.
In this policy, when we talk about "Personal Data", we are referring to any information that relates to you as an identifiable natural person such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number etc.
When we talk about the 8’’s Boutique Platform we mean the 8’’s Boutique websites, eight-second.com.
Legal basis for collecting and processing data
As part of our GDPR compliance program, we are required to provide EEU Data Subjects information about why we collect and process their Personal and Sensitive data. We collect and use your Personal Information for a range of different business purposes and according to different Legal Bases of processing. The following is detail of how and according to which Legal Basis we use your Personal Information.
(1)Processing necessary to fulfil a sales order/contract and provision of
We use your Personal Information to fulfil sales and provide you with our Services. This includes the following:
- To manage your registration as a user on the 8’’s Boutique Platform. This helps us identify you as a Platform user, and offers you access todifferent functionalities, and a better experience.
- To complete business transactions and fulfil orders online. This involves sending your Personal Information to our partners for shipping and tracking your purchases.
- To process payments. We do not store or capture any credit card information. This information is collected directly by our payment processing partners. Since this information is collected from our site and from you, our customer, we would like to inform you about its collection.
- To update you with order status, shipping and tracking information.
- To provide you with the best quality of customer service via our chat, email and phone lines.
- To provide you with important information about your purchased product including any updates or other manufacturer notices.
- To ask you to review your purchase, your experience on our Platform and review us as a company.
- To detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraud, or other criminal or potentially prohibited activities.
We does not sell products for purchase by children. Youth-oriented products are sold for purchase by adults only. If you are under the age of 18, you may only use 8’’s Boutique.com in the presence of a consenting parent guardian. We will not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information via the Internet from children under the age of 13. We are committed to protecting the welfare and privacy of children.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that 8’’s Boutique is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this website.
(5) Processing necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations:
We may use your Personal Information to comply with our local laws and regulations, this includes:
- To comply with all relevant tax and financial reporting requirements and regulations.
- To comply with all legal proceedings.
- To deal with requests from you to exercise your Data Subject access rights.
- To process information regarding a crime or offence and support associated proceedings.
- To monitor activities and safeguard your welfare on our Platform and premises.
- To protect you, ourselves and our employees through appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed a criminal act or are in breach of their legal obligations.
(6) Processing based on our Legitimate Interests:
We may use your personal data to pursue our Legitimate Interests where your rights and freedoms do not outweigh those interests. We have implemented controls to balance our interests with your rights. Our use of your Personal Data for our Legitimate Interest includes:
- Improving our services; for example, reviewing information associated with nonfunctioning pages or links, so we can fix them and give you a frustration free experience on our Platform.
- Personalize, measure and improve our advertising based on your activities on our Platform.
- Contact you view email, push notifications on your browser and by SMS/text message to offer you information about your purchased products, our products, sales, offers and services.
- Measure the performance of our marketing campaigns; for example, analyzing the open and click rates of an email campaign.
- To serve you better, we may combine the information you provide us online, in our superstore and through our catalogs to improve your overall shopping experience, for example analyzing browsing behavior to create a better navigation menu, so you need less clicks to get to your product of choice.
- Contact you by email, telephone or SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including Platform security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To respond to your posts, comments and provide customer service on our Platform and other social media Platforms including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- To provide customer service to you via chat and email.
- Measure the performance of our Customer Service associates.
- To verify product and customer experience reviews left on the 8’’s Boutique website provide a truthful assessment of our services and merchandise.
- For the internal management and audit of business operations and financials.
- We use CCTV monitoring in our physical locations to prevent criminal activity and protect you, our customer.
(7) Processing based on Consent:
With your consent, we may use your Personal Information to:
- Provide you with marketing via email, SMS/Text message and push notifications on your browser.
- Provide you with targeted advertisements from other parties while you are experiencing our Platform.
- Provide you with targeted advertisements on third party websites including our advertisements and those of third parties.
- Allow select partners to profile your activities on our Platform so you can have a better experience on our, their and other third party websites.
Our partners may use automated profiling technologies for purposes of serving you more relevant ads and improving your browsing experience. They do not make automated decisions which might significantly affect you.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information. Requests for deletions
may be refused in some circumstances such as where the personal data must be retained to comply with a legal obligation or to exercise or defend legal claims.
(1) How do we store your data:
- When you shop on our platform, Shopify our hosting provider will store your data through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify applications.
- Your information such as name, address, phone number, email and etc. will be transfer to our company’s own server for order processing and other business propose. These data is password protected and only authorized personal have access to these data.
- From time to time we must also store business data to some offsite locations for backup to be compliance with local law. When we are moving data for offsite backup we always encrypted the data according to industry standard on our servers before leaving our network.
For question regarding data retention you may e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How and when you can withdraw consent
Data subjects who are residents and nationals of EEU region are covered by GDPR, and can withdraw your consent from 8’’s Boutique at any time, for specific data processing that is based on your consent.
(1) Email Marketing
For email marketing and communications, please visit our Email preferences page in your profile which can be accessed from the 'My Account' menu on the top of any page on our Platform. You can also unsubscribe using the links at the bottom of any of our emails to you or send us an email at email@example.com.
If you do not wish to participate in our advertising personalization programs, you can opt out by unchecking the appropriate cookies on our Cookie Preference Page. We do not allow third parties to track or collect your Personal Information on our sites for their own advertising purposes without your consent.
Please note that you can disable all cookies from your browser settings. However, our websites require cookies to function and disabling all cookies will limit functionality of the site, including actions like adding products to a cart etc.
At this time only customers assessing our Platform from EEU regions can withdraw consent.
You can also contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have a question or need more information.
The data we collect from you and how we collect that data
We collect Personal Information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you use when you use our Platform, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, or when you otherwise correspond with us.
The provision of Personal Information is voluntary, but may be necessary in order to use our Services, such as setting up an account, conducting a transaction, commenting on a blog post or reviewing a product.
(1) Personal Information you give us when you use our Services or register for an account with us.
- Identifying information such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register for an account with us.
- Postage, billing and other information used to send an item, as well as, if needed, information required to clear customs (such as Tax ID or other identification numbers) and relevant postage information (such as tracking numbers and tracking updates).
- You may also provide us other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in blog posts, chats, or when you otherwise communicate with us regarding our Services.
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable national laws to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
- Note: 8’’s Boutique does not collect credit card or other financial information from you, that information is collected directly by our trusted third party payment processing partners. On occasion for some international customers 8’’s Boutique will require bank account information.
NOTE: If you give us Personal Information about someone else, including our social media Platforms and reviews and comments on our websites, you must do so only with that person's authorization. You should inform them how we collect, use, disclose, and retain their Personal Information according to our privacy notice.
(2) Personal Information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register for an account with us.
- We collect information about your interaction with our Services, your advertising preferences and your communications with us. This is information we receive from devices (including mobile devices) you use when you access our Services. This information could include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, ID for advertising and a unique device token.
- Computer and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, your browsing activity, history and your web log information.
(3) Personal Information we collect using cookies and similar technologies
(4) Personal Information we collect from third parties
- On occasion we might collect Personal Information from third parties such as tradeshows or email lists to market our products and services to you. This information is usually limited to name, email address and rarely mailing addresses.
8’’s Boutique Cookies
(1) What is a Cookie?
A Cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your PC, telephone or any other device, with information about your navigation on that website. Cookies are necessary to facilitate browsing and to make it more user-friendly, and they do not damage your computer and are never used to store your sensitive Personal Information.
The purpose of using cookies is to improve your web browsing experience, enhance site security, and for marketing and promotional purposes. Cookies allow us to remember your preferences (like preferred language and country), estimate patterns of use, and provide improved search results. We also collect certain technical information from your computer, like your IP address and the address of a referring web site, if any. This information will allow us to enhance our site to match your preferences. This information is used only for the benefit of 8’’s Boutique, our authorized Partners and you, our customer.
(2) Types of Cookies on our Platform
There are several types of cookies that we may use on our site. These are constantly changing while we monitor and upgrade our site.
- Session cookies - These are cookies which expire/are erased at the end of your browser session, but allow us to recognize your actions within a website during that browsing session.
- Persistent cookies - These are cookies which are stored on your hard drive until it expires or you delete the cookie. This allow us to identify your preferences across multiple sessions.
- First Party Cookies - These Cookies are set exclusively by us. We use both session and persistent Cookies.
- Third Party Cookies - These Cookies are set by our service providers at our request while on our Platform. They may be Session or Persistent cookies. These are cookies that sit out on Platform and are managed by third parties at our request, to provide services and improve the customer browsing experience and for advertising. They may also be used to detect and prevent fraudulent activity. These cookies collect data about your activities while on our Platform and may be used to enhance the setting party's datasets. They can be used to serve advertising to you on our Platform and other websites.
We do not permit any third-party content on our Platform with exception of our authorized service providers. If you have a concern about our, or our authorized third party service providers’ personal data collection, please e-mail email@example.com.
(3) Purposes for our Cookies:
- Essential Website Operations: these technologies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available on our Platform and to use its features such as adding products to a cart, form submissions, video playback etc. Turning these off would result in limited functionality being available on our Platform.
- Performance and Functionality: these technologies are used to enhance the functionality of our Platform but are not critical to their use. We recommend you use them, since that would give you the best experience of our Platform.
- Analytics: These Cookies collect information that is used in aggregate form to help us understand how our websites are being used and to help us improve our Platform and provide you with a better experience.
- Advertising: these are technologies which help us make advertising messages more relevant to you. They collect behavioral information about your activities on our Platform and perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously appearing, ensuring ads are properly displayed and in some cases relevant to your interests. These cookies may be used to serve ads for our products or products of third parties on our, or third party websites.
(4) Managing your Cookie consent and preferences:
Data subjects covered by GDPR have the ability to opt out of the use of our Cookies.
Should you wish to turn off all Cookies, you may do so in your browser's settings.
Relationships and Sharing Information
8’’s Boutique maintains special relationships with a select number of authorized business partners. For your security or benefit, we may share information about you and your transactions with other companies for many reasons including verification, fraud prevention, government policy compliance, order fulfilment, and warranty purposes. We also may be required to disclose an individual's Personal Information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
With your consent, 8’’s Boutique shares your information with our marketing partners who serve advertising, send emails and other promotion material.
For more information about the companies with whom 8’’s Boutique shares customer information, please contact us using the details at the top of this policy.
International Transfers of Information
While 8’’s Boutique has global reach offering products through our website, we only have employees and operations in the United States. We do not transfer or store Personal Information across geographical borders, unless it is requested by you, required for the fulfillment of a sale, the provision of services, or requested by a governing authority.
Your personal data rights
Under the GDPR, residents and nationals of the EEU have the following data rights:
- Right to be informed - You have a right to know how and what personal data we collect from you and what we use it for. In this policy, you will find that information.
- Right to request access: You have the right to request access to the personal data held about you, to obtain confirmation that it is being processed, and to obtain certain prescribed information about how we process it.
- Right to object applies to processing of your personal data where it is based on Legitimate Interests and where your data is processed for direct marketing or processed for the purposes of collating statistical information.
- Right to restrict processing or 'block' the use of your personal data, for instance where you believe your personal data is not accurate (until the accuracy can be verified).
- Right to Erasure: The right to have your personal data erased, also known as the "right to be forgotten" enables you to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued use.Requests for erasure may be refused in some circumstances such as where the personal data must be retained to comply with a legal obligation or to exercise or defend legal claims.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to request to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed in certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services; to move copy or transfer their personal data easily from one environment to another in a safe and secure way without hindrance to usability.
You may exercise your rights in relation to automated decision making in circumstances which have a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you. This right allows individuals in certain circumstances to access certain safeguards against the risk that a
potentially damaging decision is taken solely without human intervention. In specific instances, you have the right to request human intervention and an explanation of the automated decision and you may be able to challenge that decision.
If you are a resident or national of the European Economic Area (EEA) and would like to exercise your individual data subject access rights, please contact our Compliance team using the details at the top of this policy.
California Personal Data Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to receive: (a) information identifying all third-party companies to whom 8’’s Boutique may have disclosed, within the past year, Personal Information pertaining to you and your family for that company's direct marketing purposes; and (b) a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed. To obtain this information, please email your request.